COCONUT CHICKEN STIR FRY

posted on: Friday, June 13, 2014


Last night we were craving stir fry and rather than use the usual teriyaki sauce, I decided to try out a new recipe. It was pretty tasty and a nice change from our usual. Next time, I will serve it over a bed of brown rice. 

1 pack of diced chicken
stir fry veggies of your choice [I buy the pre cut ones at whole foods]
3/4 can of coconut milk [about 8-10oz]
2 tbsp turmeric [Beware because this spice stains like crazy. I may try to find a substitute next time.]
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
drizzle of olive oil

In two separate pans, begin to sauté the chicken with olive oil until browned while beginning to steam or sauté the veggies in another. In a cup, combine the coconut milk with all of the spices. Transfer the chicken to the veggies and pour in the coconut milk/spice mixture and simmer on low for 10 mins. Enjoy! 



2 comments:

  1. yum!! Once I'm done with my juice cleanse this week, maybe I'll try this recipe!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger