OIL PULLING

posted on: Thursday, March 6, 2014

The other day, I received a phone call from my best friend in Kansas City and she began to tell me about something she has been trying out called oil pulling. We all know coconut oil is the jam and can pretty much do anything you need it to and its best know uses are as a body and face moisturizer, eye make up remover, for diaper rash and the list goes on [here is a list of 100 uses for the stuff]. Well, allow me to introduce you to its new use, oil pulling.

How do you do it? Put a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth first thing in the morning and swish it around for 10-20 minutes. When I first heard this, I thought woahhh hello, way too long but my friend assured me that it is not as long as it sounds. Her routine is to pop it into her mouth before she gets in the shower, she swishes and "pulls" the oil around in her mouth. When you are done showering, spit out the oil, rinse with water, and then brush your teeth. She claims that after only doing it for a few days, she is hooked and her teeth have never looked better, and whiter!

After doing a bit of research, I was surprised by all of the info on this use for coconut oil and how many people swear [here, here, and here] by it. The list of benefits does not just stop at better looking and feeling teeth, apparently there is much more to this stuff than it lets on!  So tomorrow, it's pulling time for me.

image

3 comments:

  1. sounds bizarre, but I'm open to try anything to make my teeth as pretty as possible!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just reading about this. okay, i'm gonna try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just recently heard about this! Going to try it tomorrow!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger