SOUTH CAROLINA PART UNO

posted on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013













This was the first year in several that I was home with my family on Thanksgiving. Tasting my parents Thanksgiving cooking was one of the most nostalgic feelings I have had in a long time. We spent a 10 day vacation on the east coast and it was nothing less than amazing. We flew into Atlanta to visit a multitude of friends, then made our way to my home town of Greenville and our finale was spent in Columbia. 

A few things I loved about this trip...

+ watching W play with his east coast friends that he has not seen since this summer. Seeing how much they have all grown just blew my mind.

+ getting addicted to crossfit with my dad [ I may start going in Dallas but it will not be the same without my dad as my partner ]

+ my parents cooking on thanksgiving. nothing is better. nothing.

+ spending time with my best high school girls

+ watching W explore the SC terrain while picking up sticks and pinecones

+ seeing W's face light up each time he tasted turkey, then mashed potatoes with perfect gravy, then broccoli casserole, then sweet potatoes smothered in marshmallows. 

+ being so overwhelmed with gratitude. it is a little bit ridiculous how blessed I am and I am so thankful. this little life of mine is everything I dreamed and wished it would be when I was a little girl. I have to pinch myself sometimes, making sure it really is real life. and thankfully, it is!

+ spending time with my family. case and point. simple as that. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh that picture of W asleep on your shoulder!!!! That stuff turns me to mush. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! looks like you guys had an amazing Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger