BEST PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE EVER. SERIOUSLY.

posted on: Friday, October 18, 2013


I finally figured it out. A delicious paleo choclate chip cookie. I have made lots of recipes that I have found online only to end up throwing them all in the trash because they tasted like wood. I decided to take bits and pieces of what I have learned as I have been trying to cook and bake with more natural ingredients that digest well in our systems and I figured it out. Casey, who does't even like cookies, actually enjoyed these. Like really enjoyed them.

So let's get those baking engines going....On your mark. Get set. BAKE!

2 1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pure vanilla
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
1/4 cup honey [try to find local honey. yum]
2 eggs
1 - 2 cups of dark chocolate chips *

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and then add in your chips.
Spray cooking tray with coconut oil and scoop out the dough.
Bake for 12-14 mins.
You are welcome.

*Pending how chocolicious you want them to turn out. You could also use raisins instead of chocolate chips.
** Adding some chopped walnuts would be delicious too.
***I store my cookies in the freezer. I pull them out one at a time and enjoy right away.

If you make these, please come back here and let me know what you think!



4 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what Almond flour you used? Mine was really runny and came out flat when using your measurements but I am thinking maybe the almond flour is making the difference? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lauren- Sorry for the delay. I use Bob's Red Mill Finely Ground Almond Meal/ Flour. I am sorry they came out runny!! If the dough is runny, I would add some more almond flour until it a sticky dough that does not run at all.

      Delete
  2. We tried again and added more flour and put the dough in the fridge and it turned out great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made these and - YUM! I did make a couple of substitutions because I was out of almond flour. I used Bob's Red Mill fine hazelnut flour instead. I also added a few TBSP of coconut flour because the hazelnut flour was a little on the coarse side and even with extra it wasn't getting doughy. I made half with chocolate chips (which I'm trying to avoid) and half with about 2 T cocoa powder (no chips). Both were delicious! Mine didn't flatten out when baking, maybe I added too much flour? I just pressed them flat before baking the second half. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger