KRISTIN CAVALLARI INTERVIEW

posted on: Monday, September 30, 2013



Kristin Cavallari is living every girls dream and she is doing it with a babe on her hip and a quarterback hubby by her side. Chatting girl to girl, new mama to new mama, Kristin Cavallari tells me what she made for her son's first birthday, why secret Pinterest boards are her favorite, how she lost one of her favorite assets and what healthy item she stocks all over her house.

Kristin was ushered into the back entrance of Francesca's in Southlake, TX last week to promote her shoe line, Kristin Cavallari by Chinese Laundry. She appeared in the store with flowing curls and a cute, on trend crop top and matching skirt, making me rethink my boring jeans, white tank, black blazer, "safe" outfit. I immediately was sent over to introduce myself and begin interviewing her and while I was a little nervous due to the fact I had never interviewed anyone before [let alone the gorgeous, Kristin Cavallari], the minute we started talking, we just clicked.

Kristin Cavallari is a breathe of fresh air. She is effortlessly gorgeous, annoyingly normal, and kind as it gets. And my favorite thing about her is that she is hilarious. She later signed an autograph for my Dallas Cowboy's loving brother in law writing "Go Bears, sucker!" Famed for her stints on reality television [MTV's Laguna Beach and The Hills], Kristin is newly married to her quarterback husband, Jay Cutler, she just celebrated her adorable son, Camden's, first birthday in early August, and is relishing in her immediate success as a shoe and jewelry designer. She is the real deal and she is living ever girls dream.

After congratulating her on her new marriage and her adorable son's first birthday, she asked what I was doing for W's first birthday and we both shared how we wanted to keep it low key for our son's big day. "I made cupcakes. We didn't even get him anything," shared Kristin. I spoke of my desire to make a homemade, healthy cake for W and Kristin immediately said "I made vegan pumpkin cupcakes with a vegan cream cheese frosting. And he loved it!" I literally could have talked with Kristin about all things baby for hours since it seems we share similar mommy tactics but I realized I was here to interview her, not oogle over our babies and share mommy secrets.

So without further ado, here is our chit chat.


M: I’ve seen the shoe line and it looks amazing, how does it feel to add being a designer to the list of things you have done?

KC: It’s a lot of fun. It's cool. This is something I have really enjoyed and had a ton of fun doing. I think I can speak for every girl and it say it's a dream to have your own shoe line.  And I also have a jewelry line which has been a ton of fun. Being a new mom, it's great, because I can make my own hours and work on it when Cam is sleeping and take my time doing things. So it’s the perfect job.

M: What are your secrets for balancing being a mother to a young kiddo while still staying fresh and creative?
KC: I read lot's of fashion magazines. During nap time, on the airplane. I feel like I live on a plane. And then Cam goes to bed between 7 and 8 so I have a little bit of a night, and he has been taking great naps so I can go on Pinterest or read magazines [we both giggled about the nice advantage secret Pinterest boards have been]. 

M: I have found that it is really important to make “date nights” a priority after having a baby, what is your go to date night shoe from the line?


KC: I always end up wearing the Copertina because it comes in a lot of really great colors and it goes with everything and it's comfortable [Kristin swears it really is the most comfortable and after trying it on, she is right. I immediately ordered two pairs.]. Before I had the baby, it's funny I used to wear the highest heels, and once I got pregnant, I couldn't do it. I literally cannot walk in those shoes anymore. So it's actually the perfect height for me [Kristin is only 5'3].

M: What do you and Jay like to do for date night?
KC: We are so boring. We go to dinner. I like to be in bed no later than 10. There is no such thing as sleeping in anymore [hello, built in alarm clock aka precious baby].

M: As a mom, it is easy to get so wrapped up in your child; it is easy to put ourselves last? What do you like to get out and do for yourself?


KC: Honestly it’s so simple. I just like to go to the gym. Clear my head, it just puts me in a good mood, makes me feel better.  And then if I work out, everything else just falls into place.  I eat healthy and get a good nights sleep.

M: Do you have a favorite workout?
KC: I mix it up between pilates and weights. I was just doing pilates for a while there and I noticed I completely lost my butt and I lost all my muscle. It’s really important for me to hit the weights. I don’t do a lot of cardio because I’m trying to keep the little muscle I have. 

M: Jay is used to dodging 300 lb men every day and handling a football, how has it been seeing him interact on a totally different level with sweet Camden?


KC: It’s so cute. He’s such a cute dad. I am so lucky to have him as a partner and he's the most amazing father. It is so sweet. 

M: How was working on the League together?
KC: It was fun. It was cool for him to see some of my world and see what it's like to be on a set. He thought it was incredibly boring because you wait around so much. You don’t realize how much waiting around it is but he had a lot of fun when we were actually working.  He was a natural. I thought he did a great job.

M: I am all in to the healthy stuff, so any natural products that you swear by?
KC: When I got pregnant I stepped it up a notch and I have maintained that. Coconut oil, I love. I have it in my kitchen and my bathroom. I put it on my entire body, I cook with it and I put it in smoothies. It’s just so good for you. I make this slow roasted chicken for 10 hours, and I put tons and tons of coconut oil all over it. 

Saying goodbye to Kristin was like pulling off a bandaid because I would have loved to talk all things baby, new designer, and marriage with her but alas, I am not her best friend. I am just another girl asked to interview her. Sweet Kristin bid a sincere farewell and offered a sweet goodbye of "congratulations on the first birthday." She really is the real deal. 

Check out Kristin Cavallari by Chinese Laundry line sold at Francesca's here and the entire line here.  Be sure and also check out Kristin's jewelry line here. And get excited because the video of this interview will be posted a little later this week! 



Pictures 3, 5, 7 by Carmen Bright Photography

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a neat opportunity, Morgan!! You're so talented- sounds like you did a great job not only interviewing her but putting it all into words for everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren!!! You are the sweetest. Hope you are doing well! xo

      Delete
  2. morgs! I am dying. this is so awesome. and i just wanna hug KC now (: and hug you, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this SO much and am so proud of you for being the coolest everrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger