NEW MOTHER: SARAH TUCKER

posted on: Monday, May 6, 2013


This week A TREASURE HUNT is getting cozy with some awesome blogger friends. We all share one major thing in common...this year will be all of our first time to celebrate Mother's Day...as MOTHERS! It is something I just cannot even comprehend. The girls have graciously taken the time out of their busy lives to answer a few questions about motherhood and this Mother's day.
I could not think of a better lady to start this week off than a post from the one and only Sarah Tucker of Fairy Tales are True. There really are no words that are good enough in the dictionary to describe this inspirational glam-a-zon. She is a devoted daughter of Christ, married to the sweetest man, mother to her insanely squeezable little man, blogger megastar, world traveler/dweller, fashionista, amazing photographer....I mean y'all the list goes on and on. So without further a do here are some words from the SUPERMOM...

What was your first thought when you saw little Tuck...
Perfection.  
also, I just couldn't believe he was real!  and in my arms!
and man, I am hungry.  {true story: I had my brother go get me fajitas (???) when I started to push, so they'd be there afterwards}
Words that describe your life with a new baby...
grateful.  blessed.  exhilarating. exhausting. enchanting. obsessed. annnnd a big OMG-AM-I-DOING-THIS-RIGHT
Favorite moments from this first year being a new mommy...
the first time he really smiled at me. 
when he first got the giggles.  
sticking his teeny tiny two month old toes into the sand in Mexico.
Any moment that has made you laugh hysterically...
I've never been one for bathroom humor, but I find his complete abandonment to manners in this realm hysterical.  
What do you do during nap time...
I work in the wedding industry.  So I use that time to reply to emails, make phone calls, paint.  And if there's time left over, I write a post for my blog.  On days I have help, I try to run errands.  But my first stop is starbucks.  I'm an iced tea drinker!  
What are your "mommy-alone-time" indulgences...
a glass of wine, writing thank you notes (I've always found it oddly relaxing), some bible reading, blogging, and pedicures.  

This being your very first Mother's day, what does that mean to you and how do you feel about it...
Knowing how I feel about my own mother, and imagining how my son might feel the same way... well, it's an honor.  It's a gift, and the very best blessing He's given me. 
What is your plan for your first mother's day...
no plans!  my husband makes me breakfast in bed almost every morning as I'm still nursing... so I know I will get that!  but it'll probably involve homemade whipped cream.   Church.  and maybe the beach!  I'll leave it up to the huz to plan.
What wishes do you have for Tuck and his life...
I hope he gets his daddys laid back, can't help but love him attitude.  I hope he knows the value of gentleness, a soft word, and a kind spirit.  I hope he has good friends; ones who will encourage, laugh, cry, and pray with him.  I hope he chooses his wife wisely and they have a beautiful marriage.  My biggest wishes are for him to know His savior intimately and know how greatly he is loved.  It's amazing what a person who knows they are loved unconditionally can do in this world - truly remarkable stuff!  (:

Thank you sweet, sweet Sarah. We have loved having you share part of your life with us here. You are truly a beautiful mother inside and out and we wish you the HAPPIEST (and snuggliest) of Mother's Day's. Tuck is one lucky babe...

3 comments:

  1. Morgan! Thank you sooo much for having me (: Those were the most fun questions. Happiest Mother's WEEK to you sweet mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my fav ladies in one spot :). Love this! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Sarah's blog! It so crazy we get to celebrate our first mother's day this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger