NEW MOTHER: MORGAN HUNT

posted on: Friday, May 10, 2013

This week has been such a fun week featuring the fabulous first time mothers. I wrote my answers two weeks ago and it has been so interesting to read the other girls answers and see how much all of our answers parallel. Happy Mother's Day! 

First thought when I saw little W...
He was so tiny. He was mine. He was perfection. He was love at first sight. Oh and He's A BOY! 
Words that describe life with a new baby...
Blessed. blessed. blessed. ridiculously fun. full of surprises. busier. W has brought me a new life. One that is more amazing than I could ever imagine. I am humbled everyday by how perfect he makes each day.
Favorite moments from this first year being a new mommy...
Oh gosh the smiles, the belly laughs, the squeezes. Sometimes I will look down while holding him on my hip and he is just starring at me. The look in his eyes is just so captivating and I melt. Finally being able to call myself a mom. It is something I have wanted to be since before I can remember. I know God put me on earth to do this. To be W's mom. One of my very favorite things is going in to get him when he wakes up...I slowly creep in and I always say "Hiiiiiiii my litttttleee guyyyyy" as I am walking to the crib and each time I peek over he is just grinning beyond belief and so excited to see me. It melts my heart. 
I also love watching him take in the world. The things he does with his hands, his mouth, his eyes, his ears...I just am mesmerized watching him experience everything. 
Any moment that has made you laugh hysterically...
His silly laughs and dancing, but honestly...the breast pump. The first time I ever tried it, Katherine was with me and we almost peed in our pants at how ridiculous that thing is. I have never seen my body look so odd. I will not miss that pump when I stop nursing...
What do you do during nap time...
I clean, I blog, I catch up on emails. I should take more naps as well but, to me, it is MY time so I try to cram anything and everything I want to do. 
What are your "mommy-alone-time" indulgences...
Messing around on the iPad while chillin' in the bath tub. Reading. and painting. Sipping La Croix. And lots of girls night's out. 
This being my very first Mother's day, what does that mean and how do I feel about it...
Honestly, it is still surreal. Me...Morgan...a Mother? It makes me feel special. Special because I am this little guys special lady. It makes me appreciate my mother more than I can even say. I finally know how she has felt about me since I was born. It is just something you cannot understand until it happens to you yourself.
What is the plan for my first mother's day...
My plan is to hang with my favorite people, Casey, my main man Little W, and Charlie. Just a typical Sunday with maybe a trip to the dog park. If you are reading Casey, I would really love a back rub :)
What wishes do I have for W and his life...
Que the tears. Kleenex please.... I pray that he knows the Lord and that we (as parents) can do everything in our power to lead by example. I pray for all of the people he will encounter in his life. His future friends, his future friends parents, his future mentors. I pray for the parents of his future wife. That they will raise the perfect woman for him and that they will meet in God's timing. And I pray for her. She may not even exist yet, but I pray for her. I pray that he will be an encouraging and good big brother to all of his future siblings. I pray that he treats people the way his father does. I pray that he has a lot of laugh line wrinkles when he is old because he has spent his whole life smiling and laughing. I pray that he works hard and uses the talents that God will unfold to him throughout his life. I pray that he respects his parents and grand parents. I pray that he is always safe. And  secretly, I pray that he will always be my little boy.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger