IF I COULD WEAR ANYTHING

posted on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The other night I had made up my mind that I was not going to do any more "modeling" outfit posts. For some reason I just got really weirded out that I was posting all of these pictures of myself in my clothes. Why on earth would I do that? I am not vain. I am not a model. I am not trying to promote any brands. I AM LOOKING LIKE A FOOL. Then, today I changed my mind. I thought about why I post outfit pictures. I can assure you it is not because I think I look so gorgeous. It is not because I think I have awesome style. And it is certainly not because I think I have model potential! ha. I post these pictures because these are the types of posts I gravitate towards on other blogs. I like seeing the girls showing off their style. I like seeing different ways to put outfits together and most of all, I like seeing the blogger be vulnerable. To me, clothing is not just what you put on your body to cover up our Adam and Eve parts...it is a an expression of one's self and in this matter... to each their own. It's just me trying to showing y'all a little bit more of a glimpse of who I really am. Goofy...weird...outgoing and shy at the same time...and most of all just a little girl at heart that loves to play dress up.

This post is all about what I would wear if I could wear anything I wanted to all day. I would wear hoop earrings (I cannot on a daily basis due to the potential of W pulling them out...along with my earlobe. ouch). I would drape myself in tooooo many pearls. I would wear the pinkest lipstick possible. I would wear the most glorious silk, expensive long dress I own. And most importantly, I would NOT wear shoes. Now I love a good 4-5incher but really, down at the core, I would much rather feel the grass between my toes and gravel on the pavement.

There you have it. Me. Morgan. and my crazy style. And come to think about it, I might wear this outfit more often. Even if it is just in my backyard. 



oh and I would also, stop and smell the roses more often...

Forever 21 hoops (similar). Assortment of fresh water pearls. Elizabeth and James dress (similar here, here and here).

6 comments:

  1. I would be so mad if you stopped these kinds of posts their my second favorite (after the ones of baby W of course...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stop!! You and these photos are beautiful!! And I'd totally be bare foot as well. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better not stop! I love your style and your pics! You look awesome -- and I 100% agree -- style is an outward expression of who you are. Big hugs!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also -- my little W has forced me to have stud only earrings -- he loves to treat big earrings like olympic gymnastic rings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit posts! Your style is awesome and it's fun to see what other people wear. I adore this dress too. I also love that you don't take yourself too seriously. You're being you and it works.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger