MY SUMMER MAKEUP

posted on: Thursday, April 18, 2013

I love peeking into other people's makeup bags so I thought I would share my most frequently used make up products for this spring/summer. Let the face painting begin...
Just to preface...I always start with hydrated skin. Slather the moisturizer on! If I am going to a luncheon, event or because I just want to look particularly polished, I brush on this Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I posted about this stuff here and I am still obsessed. Then I pat on some Chanel Double Perfection Lumiere powder. Most days I do not use the foundation so I will sprinkle on a little powder and then apply my all time favorite Bobbi Brown blush. I have a ton of other blushes that I like but I always seem to come back to this one. Once I have put on my concealer, I brush on some Laura Mercier invisible loose setting powder which really helps set the concealer so it does not feel sticky at all (this product should really be under eyes I guess. Whoops).
This Make Up Forever concealer is FABULOUS. It is like war paint and this momma needs to be prepared for battle. We are still having fun with multiple night awakenings so this stuff has been keeping me afloat during the day. It is heavy and sticky but once I set it with the invisible powder, this stuff stays put. And the thing I love the very most about it is that it does not crease AT ALL. I am loving this palette of Chanel eyeshadows (the best color combos are done by Chanel. Go figure.) and I am forever hooked on my Shu Uemora eye lash curler and L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara. If I was going to a deserted island and could only take one make-up item...it would be an eye lash curler. Invest peeps.
I have been on the HUNT for my perfect lip color combo for years. I probably have a collection of over 50 lip products (ridiculous, I know) and I think I have finally found my match. I already owned the YSL Rouge Pur Couture lip stain in No.7 and then I saw that Emily Maynard (yes, I love her...sometimes) posted about these products on her blog...so the next time I was at the YSL counter I tried on the gloss in No. 15 and fell in love with the combination... I highly recommend this combo if you have light hair and fair skin...looks amazing and they make the perfect colors for spring/summer. And I must say...YSL has got it going on in the packaging department. I would buy this lip shine based purely on the gorgeous packaging! I want a whole army of them now.
Good ole Tory (this one is so super cute) always keeps my make up safe and sound while traveling. I like that this is somewhat small yet some how everything fits perfectly! 



2 comments:

  1. what color blush do you use? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love YSL lipsticks
    http://www.makeupandallthingsnice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A TREASURE HUNT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger